British Columbians now have access to the province’s vaccination card platform. Here’s what you need to know.
Beginning on September 13, 2021, British Columbians will be required to show proof of vaccination province-wide to enter specific establishments and events including:
- Indoor ticketed sporting events
- Indoor concerts, theatre, dance and symphony events
- Licensed restaurants and restaurants that offer table service (indoor and patio dining)
- Pubs, bars and lounges (indoor and patio dining)
- Nightclubs, casinos and movie theatres
- Gyms, exercise facilities/studios, pools and recreation facilities
- Businesses offering indoor group exercise
Indoor adult group and team sports for people 22 years old or older
- Indoor organized events with 50 or more people. For example: Wedding receptions, organized parties, conferences and workshops
- Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities like pottery, art and choir
- Post-secondary on-campus student housing
The BC Vaccine Card comes with a unique QR code that can be accessed though your computer or smart phone. You can save the digital version to your phone or tablet or print a paper copy to carry in your wallet. Both options will be accepted.
Note: Proof of vaccination is not required to vote in-person in the September 20 federal election or at advance polling places.
How to register.
- Log-in here with your date of birth, personal health number and dosage amount.
- Save or print your QR code. Digital copies can be saved to tablets or smartphones.
- Show your card when required with your government ID.
September 13 – partial vaccination required (at least 1 dose)
October 24 – fully vaccinated (2 doses required)
Those who still need their vaccination can register here.